Jim Dailing became passionate about jewelry in college in 1977 after watching a friend skillfully cut an opal. He knew then that he had found his creative outlet. Jim spent the next 10 years furthering his education and gaining experience in a variety of metal smithing techniques. His enthusiasm and genuine love of the craft is evident in every piece created.
- Tuition: $700 + materials (A 50% deposit is due to hold your date and spot for the workshop. The balance, will be due on the day of your workshop.)
- Instructor: Jim Dailing
- Pre–requisites: no experience necessary
- Location: 444 SE 9th St #150, Bend, OR 97702
- Length: 1 full day (usually 4-6 hours)
- Dates: upon request
In this exclusive workshop, you and your partner will have the opportunity to design and create your very own wedding rings. No prior jewelry-making experience is necessary because you’ll be guided every step of the way by Jim Dailing, a nationally known expert with nearly 40 years of experience in crafting custom wedding rings and teaching jewelry-making classes at schools and universities around the nation.
What to expect
You’ll be welcomed into a warm and inviting studio, a safe and supportive environment for every couple where your creativity can flourish. My workshop is designed to encourage bonding and collaboration, allowing you and your partner to strengthen your connection as you work side by side to craft your wedding rings.
- Unique and Meaningful: Craft your wedding rings as a couple and infuse them with your love story, making them truly unique and meaningful.
- Expert Guidance: Benefit from the expertise of a seasoned jewelry maker and educator with decades of experience in teaching beginners to professionals.
- Bonding Experience: Strengthen your connection as you collaborate on a shared project.
- Safe and Supportive Environment: Enjoy the process in a welcoming and secure studio environment. Every couple is welcome and supported.
Don’t miss this opportunity to create not only stunning wedding rings but also beautiful memories. “Craft Your Love” is an experience that will deepen your connection and leave you with a tangible symbol of your love story.
- Design Consultation: Begin your journey with a design consultation where we’ll discuss your vision, preferences, and ideas for your wedding rings. Whether you lean toward classic elegance or prefer something more unique and unconventional, we’ll help you bring your vision to life.
- Hands-On Crafting: With expert guidance, you’ll learn the techniques of jewelry making. From shaping the metal to adding intricate details, you’ll be amazed at what you can create together.
- Personal Touch: Infuse your rings with personal touches like engravings, meaningful gemstones, or secret messages. This is your opportunity to make your rings truly one-of-a-kind.
- Celebration: Conclude the workshop with a celebration to toast your accomplishments and the beautiful rings you’ve crafted together.
PLEASE NOTE THAT STONE SETTING, ENGRAVING, & CUSTOM WORK WILL BE ACCOMPLISHED AFTER YOUR WORKSHOP
Reserve Your Spot:
Spaces are limited, so book your workshop now to ensure your spot. Only one couple will be working at any time, which guarantees that you get all of the instruction and attention that you need during our time together. Whether you’re seeking a traditional, modern, or entirely unique design, Jim Dailing’s one on one wedding ring workshop is the perfect way to add a deeper dimension and story to your relationship and your upcoming marriage. I can’t wait to be a part of your love story.
Things to Think About:
- How wide do you see your ring? An average width for women is roughly 5-6mm wide while many guys prefer about 7-8mm wide, but we can easily craft your rings in any width that you’d like.
- For longevity and durability I usually make my custom wedding rings 2mm thick, but let me know if you would prefer to go thinner (ie.1.5mm) or thicker.
- Do you prefer flatter rings on the outside surface or more of a softer rounded look?
- We will finetune your ring size during the workshop, but it will help to know your ring size when I order the materials for your rings.