Enjoy Hands On Classes With Jim
With over 30 years of experience handcrafting custom jewelry, Jim Dailing brings an unsurpassed level of knowledge, enthusiasm and skill to his workshops. Jim has traveled all over the country sharing his passion for creating unique rings and necklaces. Class sizes are kept small in order to provide personal attention to each student. Please contact Jim if you are interested in joining the next workshop or scheduling group instruction for your school.
Advanced Technique Workshops offered in my private studio
- The Alchemist’s Workshop: alloying and fabricating with gold
- Stone Setting without Prongs: bead setting, pave, flush setting, channel setting and fabricating a tapered tube
- Toolmaking for the Jeweler: create punches and chasing tools with tool steel
- Fabricating with Palladium: getting to know this quirky new metal
- Jewelry making for Teachers: setting up and managing a classroom studio
MetalWerx Makers Symposium, October 17 at 12:00 PM EST.
LIVE demonstration on for the new virtual format of the MetalWerks Makers Symposium. Focus is setting a faceted gemstone in a thick walled structural bezel.
The Alchemist’s Workshop, August 23 – 25
During the pandemic all group workshops will be on hold, but I am offering one-on-one classes that I will design specifically for your current skill set and knowledge base to help take you to the next step with your jewelry making.
We can either arrange to do your classes online, or in my new classroom in Central Oregon where there is plenty of room for safe distancing.
Please contact Jim to discuss a customized one-on-one class.
“Jim you are an excellent teacher with a mastery of your craft and artistic sensitivity. Your teaching style is patient, engaging, and hands-on. You kept our workshop moving and focused without being rigid. I can’t recommend you and your workshops highly enough.”
– Mendocino Art Center, California